Friday, March 28, 2014

More March gouache resist and ink

A return to this, one of my favorite mediums.  It's a bit of a long process--draw, paint with gouache to resist the black ink, let dry thoroughly, wash over with India ink, let dry thoroughly, gently rub off gouache under warm running water, let dry thoroughly, and then finish with pen and ink. 
But it's a process I love.  I love the dramatic darks and lights, and the unpredictability of where and how the ink will go through the gouache, and the pen and ink lines.  I love pen and ink! 
I started these three (plus one more that I haven't finished yet) all at the same time, and then finished them as I had time.

1 comment:

  1. Love them all, but maybe love the middle one best. Your work has so much energy and there's so much personality in your portraits.

    ReplyDelete