Okay...this is 29. Last year I only got to 15, so I'm rather pleased with myself to finish the challenge. Of course this is a process that takes a whole lot less time than what I did last year (gouache resist and then pen and ink over--there were two long drying periods for each piece)..... So, these are all tiny--3X5.....
This one is #27.
All three are a bit rough. And I'm not really done, because what I have decided to do is print them all together on one big block. For the 3X5s, it will be a block five wide and four high (for a total of 20 faces), and I don't think I have quite 20. I've sortof lost count. I'll make an edition of....maybe 10.....
This one is #28.
And then for the other ones, the 4X6s, it will be a block of 9--3 wide and 3 high. And again, I'm not sure exactly how many I have, but I think I might need to make a couple more.
This one is #29.
But I'm really looking forward to "cleaning" all of these up. I've had them all taped up on my kitchen wall, and I've been looking at them all month, and thinking about what I need to do to each of them to make them better. A few of them I will want to recut (but that's okay, and that's easy, like I did with #23, because I still have the drawings, and it's super-easy to retransfer that to a new linoleum black, and since these are so small, cutting really doesn't take all that long. But most of them just need some tweaking. #28 will need to be recut, since I made a big cut in the middle of a space that was supposed to be black, and though I tried to work that in, it really doesn't do it. #29 here can just use some cleaning up of edges, and filling out of the beard.
I'm very excited to see what these will look like all printed together.